What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an additional layer of security used by Pregnancy Choice. It is a more secure way of verifying that you are who you say you are.
Why do I need Two-Factor Authentication?
2FA helps protect against unauthorised access to Pregnancy Choice information. 2FA requires you to use a unique, time sensitive code, in addition to your username and password.
It can also be used to protect you own online accounts such as Xero, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
Who needs Two-Factor Authentication?
2FA is mandatory for all users of the Pregnancy Choice Systems.
What do I need to do?
To be able to access your online applications you will need to set up a secure code. Before you do so, we recommend that you install Authy our recommended authenticator app. However, feel free to use Google Authenticator (available for Android and Apple iOS), or Windows Authenticator (also available for Android and Apple devices), or something else if that floats your boat.
Then proceed to setup your secure code as follows:
You can do this by:
registering your profile details and letting the system generate a New Software Token
fill in your account information: Name, email, password etc.
When this is completed you may press the Register button. This will
- send an email to your inbox. You will need to click on the link provided - see step 4 - in the email to verify we have your correct email address in the profile. Your account will not be activated until you complete this step - when you do this, the system will advise the administrator that an account is ready to be activated. This process will take some time as the administrator will need to determine the correct role and PC site you work at.
- create your secret code and also a QR code for easy loading into your chosen authenticator App. This will appear on a fresh page with a message that the email has been sent - see 1 above. Do not go past this page with the QR code until you do item 3
- Please note, if you are using a single device to register (browser on your device), plus using Authy on the same device, you will need to copy and paste your unique 16 digit code shown at the bottom of the QR code, manually into Authy. Otherwise simply open Authy, select "Add Account" from the menu (top right) and then press the "Scan QR Code" button - this will have your device take a photo of the QR code and load the secure code into Authy for you to use.
- Make sure you check you inbox and open the "Verify your email address" email, then click on the link in the email to verify your email address.
- await the "Congratulations Your account is now active" email
- You can now login with your chosen username (or email) and password, then on the next page you will be asked for your 6 digit number - Authy will provide this for you, this number changes every 30 seconds. This is the second factor check and if correct you are now logged in and can interact with the various tasks and resources provided.
If you already have a 2FA code set up and for some reason need to create a new one, simply contact your manager or Rob and they can force a password reset and the system will create a new secure code for you.
If you need more than one Authenticator App (i.e. on multiple devices) simply have them handy when you register and snap the QR code on each device. You can see the QR code on your profile page.
Will I need to use Two-Factor Authentication every time I access my PCC account?
YES, you will need to use 2FA for each device and each browser you use. Once you have used 2FA on a particular device and browser, you can select the "Remember Me" check box and it should log you in automatically on that device for up to a week (this does depend upon your browser settings and accessing from the same IP address). If you log-out the 'remember me' is removed and you will need to use the 2FA at next login.
|What if I already have a code set up for Two-Factor Authentication?
||If you already have a code and you are using it to access online PCC Systems, there is nothing additional you need to do.
|Do I need a special mobile phone?
||All devices can be used to access the online PCC Systems. Installing an authenticator on your personal device is a highly recommended security feature to protect all your online accounts. Using an app such as Authy or Google Authenticator does not use up any of your data and can also be used to protect your personal online presence such as for Xero, OneDrive, LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
|What if I don't have a smartphone?
You can download Authy to your computer from Download Authy
|Can I set up the code on more than one device?
||Yes. You can set the code up on your mobile devices and your computer. This will ensure you have access to the code in multiple ways.